E-Waste Management At A Glance
E-waste or electronic waste refers to all types of electronic equipment and gadgets, such as cameras, cell phones, light bulbs, laptops, printers and microwaves as well as accessories which end up being dumped on land or water. E-waste can be anything that is no longer needed and plugs into a PowerPoint or runs on batteries, including old televisions, refrigerators, lighting and even hearing aids. Australia is one of the world’s biggest producers of e-waste. So, Star Skip Bins is here to provide you with highly reliable and skilled E-waste management!
Here are some of the benefits of e-waste management that should inspire you to hire our E-waste management:
- It protects the environment. By recycling e-waste, a range of harmful materials can keep out of the environment. Products such as lighting, including fluorescent tubes and lamps, contain toxic mercury that can leach into waterways when it is thrown into a landfill. However, when lighting is recycled, the mercury is recovered and safely used again.
- It supports non-renewable recycling. The growing demand for electronic devices and appliances means a range of metals and other non-renewable resources need to be mined and processed. The resources include aluminium, steel, copper and gold. Recycling e-waste puts these materials into use.
- It is very easy to recycle e-waste.There is a range of places and businesses where you can drop off your old phone, TV or other appliances.
- It can save natural resources. It goes without saying that most natural resources are non-renewable in nature. With e-waste management, the valuable components can easily be separated and allowed to recover. This will allow the production of new items with the use of the same components.
- It can minimize pollution. E-waste contains a lot of chemicals which are harmful to the health of human beings and the environment. Those who are around e-waste are always at a risk of suffering from serious health conditions.
AUSTRALIA’S BEST SKIP BIN HIRE COMPANY
Feel Free to Call us:
+61 290 666 525
15 Bessemer Street
Blacktown, NSW 2148
We are available 24/7 days.